I will have NUCs available periodically call for updates.
Howdy and Welcome to RV Bees.
We are located 6 miles west of Searcy, Arkansas.
I have 3 registered Bee Yards with Red and White Clover.
I offer Italian Bees in established Hives and Nucs with filled out frames of brood and an established laying Queen.
All bees and hives are state inspected with health certificates.
Homemade Pro Health or Honeybee Healthy Mix
THIS MIXTURE IS A CONCENTRATE TO BE MIXED WITH THE SUGAR SYRUP!
5 cups water
2 ½ pounds of sugar
1/8 teaspoon lecithin granules (used as an emulsifier)
15 drops spearmint oil
15 drops lemongrass oil
15 drops of Tea Tree oil
Use hot water to mix the sugar and water.
While mixture is hot add the Lecithin Granuales, spearmint oil, Tea Tree oil, and lemon grass oil.
Put ingredients in a blender and mix for 4 minutes.
add 1 teaspoon per quart of syrup
The emulsifier can be bought at any Health Food Store.
It lets the oils and water mix and adds animo acids that bees need to stay healthy.
Makes 2 quarts
CAUTION- Do not spill this mixture around a bee hive for it will attract honey bees.
1- When installing new foundations or a super spray the foundations with this mixture added to the sugar syrup, the bees will fill out the foundation a lot faster.
2-You can also spray down a cluster or colony of bees to calm them down.
3-It will also cut down on fermentation of the sugar syrup on warm days.
Fondant Bee Candy
This recipe is our choice for making a good fondant candy for the bees. We have chosen not to use corn syrup because of GMO and of all the hybridization that the corn plant has gone through. It has been proven not to be beneficial for the bees. Cream of Tarter is excluded for the same reason because it is not beneficial to the bees.
1. Use 1 part water to 4 parts sugar. 1 cup of sugar weighs 8 ounces.
2. Add 1/4 tsp. vinegar per pound of sugar.
The vinegar helps to break down the sugar as it cooks and will be evaporated.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until boiling begins.
If you try to make the candy without stirring it will yield a transparent gel that will be extremely sticky.
4. Boil covered for 3 minutes without stirring.
5. Boil until mixture reaches 234F. Do not go over this temperature since this will cause the mixture to caramelize and will be harmful to the bees.
6. Remove from heat and allow to cool to 200F. This will cause the candy to have an increased thickness.
7. Whip with a whisk until whiteness occurs.
8. Quickly pour onto waxed paper having a towel beneath. Be sure that the towel is not fluffy since it will depress the cake’s width. This method will make a nice cake.
9. Allow to cool undisturbed.
10. Remove waxed paper and store each cake in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.
The cakes can be handled as plates, but may be a little fudgy. They will be completely white with whiter areas inside. Tiny crystals will shine from a broken edge. Place fondant directly over the brood cluster so the bees can have access to it.
Here at RV Bees I raise healthy honey bees that are medium to long range foragers.
I will have bees for sale in established Nucs.
I will be offering Marked Queens in April in the Italian.
All Honey Bees and Queens will have State Health Certificates.
501-593-5324 from 8am til 9pm 7 days a week.
email at email@example.com
WHITE COUNTY BEE KEEPERS ASSOCIATION
will be holding meetings the 2nd Monday of each month.
We are currently having our meetings at the Downtown Church of Christ at 900 North Main Street in Searcy, Arkansas at 6:00PM-8:00PM
The Topic in the July Meeting will be a class on
HOW TO SETUP AND MAINTAIN A TRAPOUT
I will show in detail how to build the funnel and how to set the trap on a tree or building and retrieve the bees with no damage to the tree or structure.
I will hold the class the first hour, take a break and then have a question and answer session and a show and tell.